Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Embracing moments

Me & Abby spent the weekend in Oakdale and didn't come home until yesterday afternoon. It was so good to get away and spend some time with my Mom & family. We had Madelyn's 5th birthday party in Alex. on Sat. We took Abby & Alyssa. They had a blast & didn't want to leave until that night. Lots of good company. Happy Birthday, Madelyn! Sun. morning we went to my Mom & brother's church, Mt Hope. It was so good getting to see everyone. This was my church years ago and I taught Sunday School for the 4 yr olds. It was such a memorable time. My 4 yr olds are all out of high school now. It's really making me feel my age. LOL. Nancy, my sister-in-law, and Alyssa, Alex, & Jonathon sang a song special. They did so good and it made me so proud. I actually teared up. They sang about beauty from the inside out. It reminded me that God sees our hearts and that's what matters most. Great job kiddos! Abby spent the day at my brother's playing with the kids. Me & my Mom actually got to relax all afternoon together. This never happens! Abby thinks that her MawMaw has to play the whole time we are all together. and.. her MawMaw does! Me & Daddy use to get left watching tv together. I missed him sooo much this past weekend. It doesn't help to have hormones flying... So many memories, so many moments to remind me that he is not with us anymore. For now, I will embrace the moments that remind me of a memory and know that one day I will be able to run into my Daddy's arms again.