Friday, August 15, 2008

School Days

We had a back to school celebration to help get us ready for the 1st day. Scott & I took Abby & Jacie to Alex. for shopping , eat at a Mexican restaurant, and a movie- the Space Chimps. They had a blast. When we got home, they skated and played music until 1AM. Of course, I was in bed reading. They took advantage of the time alone and had so much fun with my camera.(thank goodness for them it wasn't my "Sassy" camera!) They stayed up late, slept late, and then played the whole day. Then, it was time to wash hair and get to bed early. A special time with us is to tell a story about "The Night Before School" then it's off to sweet dreams.
Well, it's official. My baby is a 2nd grader! There were tears, no crying. (from me of course!) Abby was so excited and happy. That made it easy on me. She was thrilled to be in Mrs. DeeDee's class. And, the big hug that Abby got from DeeDee made my heart feel a lot better. Bernice is also keepin' an eye out, too. It helps to know that your child is being loved and well taken care of by all of them. They are the best. They have reassured me that the 2nd grade is fun. So, let the fun begin!