Monday, November 10, 2008

Spiritual Renewal

I attended a one day photography workshop with the famous photographer & scrapbooker, Karen Russell. It was awesome, awesome, awesome! I learned so much. It was such a great experience to have someone tie together photography & scrapbooking. It's all about telling a story. It was 11hrs of class with only a 1hr lunch break. Literally, no breaks at all. Now, I know for sure that I love photography! LOL! That is so much of what my heart is all about. Another photographer in town is telling everyone that will listen something bad about me and my photography. Even that, I don't have a studio and that is why they shouldn't use me. My home is my studio. I actually had to explain this to some seniors Friday night at the game that she had spoken to about me. This was bothering me a lot because anyone who knows me well, knows that I don't like to have anything to do with turmoil. After yesterday, none of it bothers me anymore. I am who I am! This workshop gave me a renewal for life! Does it sound like I went to church?... Well, that's what it felt like. A spiritual renewal! I was so excited on my way to my Mom's last night when it was over. I talked her ears off on the phone. My photography is totally different than anyone else's. I do not do it for money. I create with my photography to give each person a unique memory to cherish. I sincerely do photography because I love it and I love to create. Anyone can be a photographer. A photographer takes a picture to create a story to remember. In my scrapbooking, I get to build on the story of the photograph. Actually made another friend yesterday. Photography is great for new friendships and I've been blessed by many. By the way, I'm getting a studio! Yea me! Did I say that my class was awesome?!! LOL!