Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas blessings

I hope everyone had wonderful Christmas with family & friends. Christmas was one of my Daddy's favorite holidays and all of us missed him so much. My Mama came and spent Christmas Eve with us this year. It was the first time that she got to see Abby with Santa gifts on Christmas morning. It was so much fun having her with us. We added a stocking for her on the mantle. Oh, we have a new member in the family- Ella. Yes, I gave into Scott & we got Abby a puppy. She is such the animal lover. We were not sure how Sassy would act, but they have made friends. Uncle Scott got Jackson a ball pit with 100 balls! He can't wait to see the balls flying all over the house. There has been so much loss of loved ones from Pine Prairie & Oakdale during this month. We need to all remember the families in our prayers and lift them up. I just learned of another young guy from Oakdale that died today. I can't imagine what his family is going through right now. It's so hard to think about all the young lives that have been lost. Only God knows His plans, but this does not help the pain that all of their families feel right now. Pictures of my Dad have helped me to cope with the hurt of missing him. Hold close to the memories and capture all the memories that you can in photos because one day that will be all we have left.